Do you have an open mind when it comes to shoe function and fashion? Today’s This-N-That (TNT) post is an explosive concept that I have been seeing for some time now in my workouts in the gym. Usually, I am not concerned with my fashion or what others are wearing in the gym. But, it is hard to ignore creative and unique shoes on women or men. These shoes have many changing their views about footwear.
Shoes like these are known as Five Finger Toe Shoes. Do they look comfortable? I don’t think they look fashionable but, others may beg to differ.
Five Finger shoes are said to have many good qualities, so if you agree with the descriptive favorable points you can over-look the fashion.
1. Strengthens Muscles in the Feet and Lower Legs – wearing Five Finger Toe Shoes will stimulate and strengthen muscles in the feet and lower legs, improving general foot health and reducing the risk of injury.
2. Improves Range of Motion in Ankles, Feet and Toes – no longer ‘cast’ in a shoe, the foot and toes move more naturally.
3. Stimulates Neural Function Important to Balance and Agility – when wearing these type shoes, thousands of neurological receptors in the feet send valuable information to the brain, improving balance and agility.
4. Improves Proprioception and Body Awareness – those same neurological receptors heighten body awareness, sending messages about body mechanics, form, and movement.
5. Eliminates Heel Lift to Align the Spine and Improve Posture – By lowering the heel, our bodyweight becomes evenly distributed across the footbed, promoting proper posture and spine alignment. These type shoes are said to also allow the foot and body to move more naturally.
Find five-finger shoes online or at your favorite sports store.
Do you like the look of these?
Do you believe they are good for your feet?