It is no secret that creativity is a form of expression.
Have you discovered the reasons why creativity allows you to express yourself? There may be several reasons why allowing creative thoughts and actions into your life can benefit you. In today’s Club Creative Studio’s blog post I want to touch on few aspects explaining how creativity can help you define who you are. While it is true that “you are you” as a unique being and you are capable of expressing your individuality in several ways, how you express your creativity is where being creative comes into play. Being creative and allowing yourself to be true will give you the chance to express yourself to the fullest.
Let’s say you are naturally a shy person. There is nothing wrong with having this quality at all, I am thinking of a word that has a reference to a characteristic many seem to want to overcome in some degree level. Some people wish they were more outgoing, more brave and daring, louder, more showing of self-confidence.
Whatever the challenge we see as a potential shortcoming which by we identify with for any reason, I believe that by adding creativity into the mix, we allow ourselves to tackle those challenges more readily. Art therapists will probably be among the first of many to tell you that the use of art in many forms will free you of many things. I too believe in the power of art as a means of expression and a break through to many situational problems or concerns. Letting out what is inside is a release of sort that can have a healing and revealing process associated with it. Do you know how being creative can benefit you?
My Five Benefits to Being Creative
1. Release. Using creativity as a means of release can free you up of unwanted stress and tension. Free your mind of worries for a bit, or share what is considered over-load information in a different venue.
2. Answers an Inner Need. Being creative allows you to be satisfied with the needs that you have to express what your imagination fosters. Do you have a need to be expressive and share your inner thoughts? No matter if a creative need is expressed to yourself in a private journal entry or sung out loud to the roof tops, creativity can call upon your inner needs and be filled.
3. It’s Natural. It may not seem that way sometimes but, we all have the potential to be highly creative. It is only when we become older that we lose sight of how easily creativity can flow because of all of our hang-ups. Being creative can become automatic and freeing we can appreciate the natural built-in drive to strive to be creative we already have, naturally. Creativity is natural and it is contagious. Creativity begets Creativity.
4. It’s a Brain Game. Looking at creativity growth as a personal challenge is a way to increase it with intended purpose. It takes practice to be creative without having to think about what you are doing. The more times you are calling upon yourself to think or act on a creative thought or impulse, the faster those opportunities appear when you need them the most. Your out-of-the-box thinking concepts will become more frequent when you train yourself to be more expressive and imaginative every chance you can. I believe being more creative can become a personal challenge and attainable goal. Practice of anything will bring about a change.
5, Shake It Up. Expressions of creativity shakes up our senses. Adding a new view to a situation, a twist on a solution, or a vision of enlightenment stemming from a creative thought adds spice to life. Even if you are not the one being creative but you are listening to a creative person or thought, their creative actions or words can inspire you to act in a creative manner as well. Why not use creativity to shake up your world? The world needs MORE creative thinkers. We need different solutions, we desire our days to be exciting and worth remembering. When creativity shakes up and changes something, we take notice.
If creativity or calling upon your creativity is not your strong suit, I guess I made this list for you in mind. If you can find one of the numbers helpful to inspire a creative spark and reason to be creative today, I’d love to hear about it by a comment below this post. Have a great day being “Creative Everyday”!
- Creativity As Stress Buster (clubcreativestudio.wordpress.com)